At a Glance
Products & Services: New and used sporting goods/equipment
Number of Locations: 306
Total Investment: $249.8K - 407K
Began Franchising: 1988
About Play It Again SportsFounded in 1983, Play It Again Sports buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stores carry items like golf clubs and bags, baseball bats and gloves, in-line and ice skates, and fitness equipment.
Play It Again Sports is owned by Winmark (formerly Grow Biz), which also franchises Music Go Round, Once Upon A Child, Style Encore and Plato's Closet.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $74,940 - $122,100
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- McDonald's U.S. November Sales Unexpectedly Fall
- Goodbye Bacon, Hello Health Food: 6 Restaurant Trends for 2014
- A Startup Brings Circuit-Training to the Masses
- Chick-fil-A Removes Corn Syrup From Products After Blogger Takedown
- 6 Ways Food Trucks Can Survive the Winter Freeze and Grow Their Business