Arby's Restaurant Group Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Sandwiches, fries, salads, shakes
Number of Locations: 3,395
Total Investment: $352.5K - $2.4M
Began Franchising: 1965
About Arby's Restaurant Group Inc.Forrest and Leroy Raffel started their food-service consulting firm, Raffel Brothers Inc., in the 1950s, but were soon thinking about starting their own restaurant. On a rainy night, the brothers found inspiration--roast beef sandwiches. In 1964, the first Arby's ("R.B." for "Raffel Brothers") opened in Boardman, Ohio.
The original Arby's menu consisted of roast beef sandwiches, potato chips and iced tea. Over time other sandwiches, curly fries, milkshakes, meals for kids and light choices have been added to the menu.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: Up to 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $500,000
Operations58% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 15 - 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- A Franchisee Who's Expert at Building Both Shelves and Revenues
- How to Succeed in Franchising Your Business
- Chef Sentenced to Three Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer's Food
- A Franchise That Develops Leaders Was Just What This Military Veteran Was Looking For
- 5 Uncomfortable Questions Asked at McDonald's Company Shareholders' Meeting