At a Glance
Products & Services: Custom closet and storage systems
Number of Locations: 71
Total Investment: $182.5K - $310K
Began Franchising: 1985
About Closet FactoryJohn LaBarbera founded The Closet Factory in a small industrial space in Los Angeles in 1983. The company started out with six employees customizing closets, offices, garages and pantries, and now has more than 100 employees at its Los Angeles headquarters. There are also 11 other factories around the world.
The Closet Factory works with homeowners, contractors and interior decorators, installing closets, entertainment centers, pantries and shelves for offices and garages.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $46,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6.75%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $75,000
Operations30% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Each Thanksgiving, This Franchisee Stops Selling and Starts Serving (From the Heart)
- 5 Questions to Help You Determine the Right Franchise for You
- Meet the Franchisor Offering Manly Pedicures
- U.S. Air Force Veteran Makes Old Spaces Feel New Again at Kitchen Tune-Up
- 7 Ways Franchises Help Franchisees Obtain Financing