At a Glance
Products & Services: Sandwiches, salads, baked potatoes
Number of Locations: 326
Total Investment: $566K - $906K
Began Franchising: 1994
About McAlister's DeliFounder Don Newcomb's goal when he launched McAlister's Deli in 1989 was to create a "gourmet deli with Southern charm."
The restaurants serve sandwiches, salads, stuffed baked potatoes, appetizers, desserts and kid's meals. Customers make their selections at the counter, receive their appetizers and drinks and then sit wherever they choose, while roving servers bring their food and drink refills.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000 - $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $5,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $750,000
Operations95% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 40. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (66% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Chinese Police Detain Five in Expired Meat Investigation
- Franchise Players: A Military Veteran and Leukemia Survivor Embraces Life as a Franchisee
- Why Domino's Latest Ad Was a Smart, If Unintentional, Marketing Play
- From Pizza in a Cone to Poutine: The Marketing Power of Far-Out Food Franchises
- Disappointing Earnings Add to McDonald's Bad Week