At a Glance
Products & Services: New and used sporting goods/equipment
Number of Locations: 296
Total Investment: $242.2K - $392.5K
Began Franchising: 1988
About Play It Again SportsFounded in 1983, Play It Again Sports buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stores carry items like golf clubs and bags, baseball bats and gloves, in-line and ice skates, and fitness equipment.
Play It Again Sports is owned by Winmark (formerly Grow Biz), which also franchises Music Go Round, Once Upon A Child, Style Encore and Plato's Closet.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $350,000
Liquid Cash Available: $74,940 - $122,100
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How the NLRB's Employment Ruling Could Hurt Jobs, Business Growth
- This Franchisee Investigated a Restaurant Company He Liked and Signed On
- Iced Coffee Challenge: How Do Fast-Food Restaurants Measure Up to Coffee Chains?
- Will This Decision Force Franchises to Reconsider Their Business Models?
- How a Long Wait in Line Made This Franchisee Understand Demand and Provide a Solution