At a Glance
Products & Services: New and used sporting goods/equipment
Number of Locations: 300
Total Investment: $249.8K - $407K
Began Franchising: 1988
About Play It Again SportsFounded in 1983, Play It Again Sports buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stores carry items like golf clubs and bags, baseball bats and gloves, in-line and ice skates, and fitness equipment.
Play It Again Sports is owned by Winmark (formerly Grow Biz), which also franchises Music Go Round, Once Upon A Child, Style Encore and Plato's Closet.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $350,000
Liquid Cash Available: $74,940 - $122,100
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Can a Food Blogger Force Starbucks to Change Its Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Franchise Players: How Six-Time Ukrainian Ballroom Dance Champs Became Fred Astaire Dance Studio Franchisees
- In $11 Billion Deal, Burger King Scoops Up Tim Hortons and Heads to Canada
- Franchise Players: Former NFL Wide Receiver Buys a Sandwich Franchise
- Burger King in Talks to Buy Tim Hortons, Move to Canada