At a Glance
Products & Services: Electronics store
Number of Locations: 5,531
Total Investment: $144.9K - $643.9K
Began Franchising: 1968
About RadioShack Corp.RadioShack was opened in 1921 by the Deutchmann family, offering ham radio operators and electronics buffs a retail and mail order source for their electronics needs. By the 1960s, the company had nine stores and was shipping electronics to people all over the world, but was falling on hard times.
Charles Tandy purchased the company in 1963 and turned its $4 million debt into a $20 million profit. Today the company operates stores nationwide, selling everything from batteries to satellite dishes to electronics buffs and general consumers.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $39,900
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 15% off franchise fee
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Turning a Mom-and-Pop Business into a Franchise That Serves 14 States
- Why Pizza Hut Expects to Set a Sales Record on Thanksgiving Eve
- You're Either an Entrepreneur or You're Not. There Is No In-Between.
- Why Burger King Just Shut Down 89 of Its Franchises in Germany
- Restaurants Ask Customers to #DineSmall on Small Business Saturday