At a Glance
Products & Services: Smoothies, fruit drinks, nutritional supplements
Number of Locations: 117
Total Investment: $75.2K - $397.3K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Surf City SqueezeIn 1988, tri-athlete Kevin Blackwell and his wife Kathryn started the smoothie and juice bar store that would later be known as Surf City Squeeze. In 1994, Blackwell began franchising Surf City Squeeze.
He later developed other quick-service franchise brands, all of which would be organized under parent company Kahala, named for his favorite beach in Hawaii. Kahala also franchises Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie, TacoTime, Samurai Sam's, The Great Steak & Potato Co., Rollerz, Frullati, Ranch1, NrGize and Cereality.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 20-50% off franchise fee
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Can You Tell McDonald's From Organic? These Foodies Couldn't. (Video)
- The 'Smart Slice' Is Coming: 5 Fast-Food Trends for 2015
- Iced Coffee Too Cold to Hold? Dunkin' Franchisees Have Final Say on 'Double Cupping.'
- Franchise Players: Why This Entrepreneur Invested in a Trampoline Park Franchise
- McDonald's Profit Plunges 30 Percent as Traffic Continues to Fall