At a Glance
Products & Services: Hotels
Number of Locations: 840
Total Investment: $195.7K - $13.1M
Began Franchising: 1990
About RamadaIn 1954 a group of investors opened an inn in Flagstaff, Arizona, the first in a series of motor hotels to be opened by the group. Five years later, the chain was named Ramada, meaning "a shaded resting place" in Spanish.
Today Ramada, which has been owned by Cendant Corp. since 1997, operates hotels throughout the United States. The company is comprised of three segments, Ramada Inns, Ramada Limiteds and Ramada Plaza Hotels, serving value-conscious and mid-market travelers.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15-20 years
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- This Man Climbed the Ladder by Sticking With Gutters
- 'Creating Smiles and Stories' for Customers Is Just One of This Mega-Franchisee's Goals
- How the NLRB's Employment Ruling Could Hurt Jobs, Business Growth
- This Franchisee Investigated a Restaurant Company He Liked and Signed On
- Iced Coffee Challenge: How Do Fast-Food Restaurants Measure Up to Coffee Chains?