At a Glance
Products & Services: Products for relief/prevention of back and neck pain
Number of Locations: 95
Total Investment: $221K - $371.2K
Began Franchising: 1989
About Relax The Back Corp.To help Americans treat neck and back pain, an Austin, Texas, osteopath opened the first Relax The Back location in 1984. Each store provides customers with a variety of products for use in the home or office, while sleeping or traveling, and for health and fitness.
In 1998, the company created a Medical Advisory Panel comprised of orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, physical therapists, ergonomists and fitness experts to help insure the quality of its products.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $49,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 2-5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
Operations34% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Why China Is Just as Important as Breakfast in the Fast-Food Wars
- Franchise Players: A 19-Year-Old-Theater School Franchisee on Discipline
- McDonald's Profit Slips in Chilly First Quarter. Will Yum Brands Fare Better?
- Franchise Players: How This CEO Manages 170 Franchised Locations Across 6 Brands
- Franchise Players: Veteran and Mother of Five on Refusing to Settle