At a Glance
Products & Services: Insurance/disaster restoration and cleaning
Number of Locations: 1,614
Total Investment: $134.8K - $183.5K
Began Franchising: 1969
About ServproServpro started out in 1967 as a painting business. Two years later, founders Ted and Doris Isaacson began franchising it as a cleaning and restoration company. In 1988, they moved the company from Sacramento, California to Gallatin, Tennessee in order to be within 600 miles of 50 percent of the U.S. population.
Servpro franchisees specialize in disaster restoration, offering cleanup and repairs to both commercial and residential customers whose property has suffered fire or water damage. They also offer mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, air duct and HVAC cleaning, and other related services.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $43,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 3-10%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Net Worth: $100,000
Liquid Cash Available: $85,000
Operations40% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5 - 10. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- The Top 10 Franchises of 2014
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week
- Franchise Players: How This Franchisee Turned Military Lessons Into Business Success
- Burger King Replaces Regular Fries With 'Satisfries' in Kid's Meals