Small Business Tax Center
From satellite car radio to breaking bread with a client, there's plenty your business could claim.
With tax season upon businesses, here are a few ways to make number crunching less daunting.
Even if you have all of your ducks in a row, the IRS could hand select your return to be audited. Here are some reasons why.
Business owners are fuming at a legalized super tax of roughly 75 percent on the portion of any salaries exceeding 1 million euros.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a tax ID number?
- How long does the tax ID process take, and is there a quicker way to get one?
- What do I do if the IRS issues more than one ID number for my business?
- The IRS says I have to apply for a new tax ID, but all my records are under my current tax ID. What should I do?
- Do I have to file a tax return for a business with a tax ID that never got started?
IRS Forms 1099 and W-2
- Do I issue 1099s or W-2s to employees who are family members?
- What do I do about an undeliverable W-2?
- Do I have to send my attorney and accountant 1099 forms?
- Do I have to send a subcontracted LLC a 1099 form?
- Should I send a consultant a W-2 or a 1099 if I was her only client?
- If most of the individual sales I generate for my service business are $600 or less, do I have to pay taxes on them?
To here many pundits talk, business owners and the wealthy aren't paying enough in taxes. The numbers show the opposite is true.
Here are three important tips for how entrepreneurs can avoid getting into trouble with the IRS.
Distinguishing between independent contractors and employees properly means covering all your bases. Here are five important steps to take.
Maintaining an alliance with small-business owners is in the best interests of big-business leaders. Instead, there is a fight brewing.
Deducting auto expenses can confound small-business owners, but it doesn't have to. Here's a quick explanation of your options.
There are changes to how you can deduct the home space you use for your business. Here's what you need to know.