For an industry that offers such specialized services, it's amazing how much information there is in print and in cyberspace about both the hair salon and the day spa industries. The Internet is an especially rich source of background information, business tips and marketing know-how, much of which is posted by people who are themselves in the industry. We've presented some useful resources here, but the list is by no means exhaustive. Also, please note that all contact information was current and accurate at the time of publication.
- Aestheticians International Association Inc.
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools
- American Beauty Association
- American Health & Beauty Aids Institute
- American Massage Therapy Association
- The Day Spa Association
- International Spa Association
- National Black Hair Association
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- National Cosmetology Association
- Professional Beauty Federation
- The Salon Association
- The Spa Association
Editor's note: This article was excerpted from our Salon or Day Spa start-up guide, available from Entrepreneur Bookstore.