At a Glance
Products & Services: Hotels
Number of Locations: 470
Total Investment: $6.8M - $8.1M
Began Franchising: 1987
About Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonIn 1987 Curt Carlson founded Country Inns & Suites, a companion to his family of hotels and restaurants that includes Radisson Hotels and TGI Friday's. The hotels, which are located in metropolitan and rural areas, feature studios and one-bedroom suites that may have refrigerators and microwaves.
For business travelers, Country Inns offer breakfast rooms, meeting rooms and lobbies that can be used for meetings. Locations also feature pools, coin-operated laundry facilities and exercise facilities. All guests are given complimentary breakfast, cookies and a morning paper. At each hotel, children under 18 stay free with an adult.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- The 'Smart Slice' Is Coming: 5 Fast-Food Trends for 2015
- Iced Coffee Too Cold to Hold? Dunkin' Franchisees Have Final Say on 'Double Cupping.'
- Franchise Players: Why This Entrepreneur Invested in a Trampoline Park Franchise
- McDonald's Profit Plunges 30 Percent as Traffic Continues to Fall
- Breaded Chicken Sandwiches Are Having a Moment