At a Glance
Products & Services: Real-estate marketing magazine
Number of Locations: 223
Total Investment: $47.1K - $127K
Began Franchising: 1984
About Homes & LandHomes & Land Magazine introduced its pictorial magazine, featuring homes and land for sale, in Tallahassee, Florida, in 1973.
Homes & Land Magazine covers more than 15,000 communities nationwide. Franchisees sell advertising space to brokers and agents, collect property information, take or obtain photographs and distribute the printed magazines. The company is owned by Homes & Land Affiliates LLC, which also publishes Rental Guide Magazine and Home Guide Magazine.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $27,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $150,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 30% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care
- KFC's Chicken 'Supplier of the Year' Fined $1.4 Million After Workers Lose Fingers and a Leg in Accidents
- Dunkin' Donuts Is Closing 100 Convenience Store Locations
- This Franchisee Has Learned 'How Sweet It Is' to Be in Business for Herself