At a Glance
Products & Services: Real-estate advertising magazine
Number of Locations: 221
Total Investment: $47.1K - $127K
Began Franchising: 1984
About Homes & LandHomes & Land Magazine introduced its pictorial magazine, featuring homes and land for sale, in Tallahassee, Florida, in 1973.
Homes & Land Magazine covers more than 15,000 communities nationwide. Franchisees sell advertising space to brokers and agents, collect property information, take or obtain photographs and distribute the printed magazines. The company is owned by Homes & Land Publishing Ltd., which also publishes Rental Guide Magazine and Home Guide Magazine.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $27,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $150,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 30% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Meet the Real Estate Franchise Backed by Warren Buffett
- Why It Pays Big to Be an Early Adopter in Franchising
- How Social Franchising Is Bringing Jobs to the Developing World
- 8 Totally Weird Fast-Food Items That Everyone Is Talking About
- Franchise Players: Changing Careers to Provide Compassionate Caregiving