At a Glance
Products & Services: Development/fitness programs
Number of Locations: 302
Total Investment: $145.8K - $366K
Began Franchising: 1992
About The Little GymAfter teaching grade school in public schools for years, Robin Wes used his physical education, psychology and motor development degrees to open The Little Gym in 1976. Although it started out focusing on physical education, the program has evolved to focus on children's intellectual and social development as well.
Today Little Gym offers programs for various age levels, including Parent & Child, Developmental Gymnastics, Karate and Sports Skills Development. Franchises also hold birthday parties, summer camps, Creative Crafts Adventures and Parent's Survival Nights.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $24,750 - $49,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchise fee for active-duty military
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000 - $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $75,000 - $150,000
Operations23.5% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5 - 7. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care
- KFC's Chicken 'Supplier of the Year' Fined $1.4 Million After Workers Lose Fingers and a Leg in Accidents
- Dunkin' Donuts Is Closing 100 Convenience Store Locations
- This Franchisee Has Learned 'How Sweet It Is' to Be in Business for Herself