At a Glance
Products & Services: Science education and entertainment programs
Number of Locations: 160
Total Investment: $70.3K - $89.8K
Began Franchising: 1995
About Mad Science Group Inc.As children, brothers Ariel and Ron Shlien loved to create crazy science experiments. As adults, they realized that kids like fun, cool science. So in 1985 they started Mad Science by hosting "edu-taining" birthday parties featuring scienctific demonstrations.
Franchising began in 1995, with initial franchises in Florida and Toronto, and now has franchises worldwide offering educational demonstrations to preschools, in-class and afterschool programs, community centers and scout programs. The company also provides entertainment for birthday parties, special events, camps and more.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $23,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $23,500
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 5% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 30. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Goodbye, Burgers. Hello, Wings: This Franchisee Had Good Reason to Quit McDonald's
- At This New Fast-Food Restaurant, Human Interaction Is Almost Zero
- This Man Climbed the Ladder by Sticking With Gutters
- 'Creating Smiles and Stories' for Customers Is Just One of This Mega-Franchisee's Goals
- How the NLRB's Employment Ruling Could Hurt Jobs, Business Growth