The Mad Science Group
At a Glance
Products & Services: Science education and entertainment programs
Number of Locations: 158
Total Investment: $71.8K - $87.3K
Began Franchising: 1995
About The Mad Science GroupAs children, brothers Ariel and Ron Shlien loved to create crazy science experiments. As adults, they realized that kids like fun, cool science. So in 1985 they started Mad Science by hosting "edu-taining" birthday parties featuring scienctific demonstrations.
Franchising began in 1995, with initial franchises in Florida and Toronto, and now has franchises worldwide offering educational demonstrations to preschools, in-class and afterschool programs, community centers and scout programs. The company also provides entertainment for birthday parties, special events, camps and more.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $23,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 25 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $23,500
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 5% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 30. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week
- Franchise Players: How This Franchisee Turned Military Lessons Into Business Success
- Burger King Replaces Regular Fries With 'Satisfries' in Kid's Meals
- Franchise Players: Two Businessmen Who Teamed Up to Take On Foundation Repair