At a Glance
Products & Services: Wholesale distribution of auto parts
Number of Locations: 116
Total Investment: $131.1K - $264.9K
Began Franchising: 1970
About Mighty Distrib. System of AmericaDallas Wallace began selling tire supplies to service stations and garages in 1963, expanding product lines and distributors as business grew throughout the '60s and '70s.
Mighty Distribution System of America started franchising in 1970 and is still a privately held company that provides underhood and undercar parts at locations nationwide.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $10,500 - $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
Operations6% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (80% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- A Yoga Franchise for Kids Stretches Bodies and Minds
- Dunkin' Donuts Debuts Dark-Roast Coffee for the First Time Ever
- In Sexual Harassment Case, California Rules Domino's Isn't Responsible for Misconduct
- Why the Court's Ruling on FedEx Drivers Could Jeopardize the Franchise Model
- Franchise Players: These Panera Bread Franchisees Now Have 34 Locations