At a Glance
Products & Services: Window coverings, window film, rugs, accessories
Number of Locations: 905
Total Investment: $89.2K - $187.1K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Budget Blinds Inc.Founded in 1992 by five young entrepreneurs, Budget Blinds allows customers to shop at home for window coverings. Tony Forbes, Brent Hallock, Chad Hallock, Todd Jackson and David Lewis had been working for a California-based window-covering retailer when changes in ownership forced them to leave the company. Using the experience they had gained, the co-workers started their own business and began franchising two years later.
Budget Blinds offers customers free in-home consultations, taking measurements and selling a variety of name brand window coverings. The company also handles installations.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $14,950
Ongoing Royalty Fee: Varies
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $54,730 - $86,120
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 42% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1 - 3. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (97% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: A Franchisee Explores the Developing Field of Vapor Stores
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week
- Franchise Players: How This Franchisee Turned Military Lessons Into Business Success
- Burger King Replaces Regular Fries With 'Satisfries' in Kid's Meals