At a Glance
Products & Services: Window cleaning
Number of Locations: 306
Total Investment: $78.2K - $139.7K
Began Franchising: 1998
About Fish Window Cleaning Services Inc.S. Michael Merrick had lost his job as a bank manager when the window washer for the branch said he was interested in selling his business. Merrick looked at the company's books and was impressed with what he saw--low overhead and virtually no inventory. In 1978 Merrick and his wife, Linda, purchased the company, renamed it, and Fish Window Cleaning was born.
After 20 years of cleaning windows, screens, gutters, skylights and chandeliers in the St. Louis, Missouri, area, the Merricks began franchising.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,900 - $54,900
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 8-6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 10% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $150,000 - $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $60,000 - $120,000
Operations25% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Coming to America: An Immigrant Who Overcame a 'Taxing' Problem
- No Gender Bias Figured Into What These Franchisees Chose to Do
- Chick-fil-A Beats Out Chipotle in Customer Satisfaction
- Tell Your Own Story: Write, Market and Publish Your First Book
- Why I Sold My Independent Landscaping Business and Opened a Franchise