At a Glance
Products & Services: Asphalt maintenance
Number of Locations: 96
Total Investment: $46.5K - $113.7K
Began Franchising: 1993
About Jet-Black Franchise GroupIn August 1987, Doug and Andy Hoiland's parents had their driveway seal-coated. The brothers were not impressed with the results: cracks left unfilled, oil spots bleeding through, and footprints from the sealer on the sidewalk. When they found that most paving companies did seal-coating only on the side, they decided to open their own business, specializing in seal-coating, in May 1988. In 1993, they awarded their first Jet-Black franchise.
Jet-Black franchisees offer driveway repair services including power-cleaning, heat-treating oil spots, seal-coating, patching cracks and caulking joints.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $7,500 - $10,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 2-8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchisee fee or franchise fee waived for 2nd territory
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $20,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 44% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (93% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How to Succeed in Franchising Your Business
- Chef Sentenced to Three Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer's Food
- A Franchise That Develops Leaders Was Just What This Military Veteran Was Looking For
- 5 Uncomfortable Questions Asked at McDonald's Company Shareholders' Meeting
- Why This Air Force Veteran Decided to Become a Franchisee of a Brand She Loved as a Kid