At a Glance
Products & Services: Asphalt maintenance
Number of Locations: 103
Total Investment: $46K - $109.3K
Began Franchising: 1993
About Jet-Black Franchise GroupIn August 1987, Doug and Andy Hoiland's parents had their driveway seal-coated. The brothers were not impressed with the results: cracks left unfilled, oil spots bleeding through, and footprints from the sealer on the sidewalk. When they found that most paving companies did seal-coating only on the side, they decided to open their own business, specializing in seal-coating, in May 1988. In 1993, they awarded their first Jet-Black franchise.
Jet-Black franchisees offer driveway repair services including power-cleaning, heat-treating oil spots, seal-coating, patching cracks and caulking joints.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $7,500 - $10,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 2-8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchisee fee/franchise fee waived for 2nd territory
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $20,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 44% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (93% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Why the Court's Ruling on FedEx Drivers Could Jeopardize the Franchise Model
- Franchise Players: These Panera Bread Franchisees Now Have 34 Locations
- Can a Food Blogger Force Starbucks to Change Its Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Franchise Players: How Six-Time Ukrainian Ballroom Dance Champs Became Fred Astaire Dance Studio Franchisees
- In $11 Billion Deal, Burger King Scoops Up Tim Hortons and Heads to Canada