At a Glance
Products & Services: Smoothies, fruit drinks, nutritional supplements
Number of Locations: 125
Total Investment: $70.2K - $392.3K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Surf City SqueezeIn 1988, tri-athlete Kevin Blackwell and his wife Kathryn started the smoothie and juice bar store that would later be known as Surf City Squeeze. In 1994, Blackwell began franchising Surf City Squeeze.
He later developed other quick-service franchise brands, all of which would be organized under parent company Kahala, named for his favorite beach in Hawaii. Kahala also franchises Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie, TacoTime, Samurai Sam's, The Great Steak & Potato Co., Rollerz, Frullati, Ranch1, NrGize and Cereality.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 20-50% off franchise fee
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Dunkin' Donuts Debuts Dark-Roast Coffee for the First Time Ever
- In Sexual Harassment Case, California Rules Domino's Isn't Responsible for Misconduct
- Why the Court's Ruling on FedEx Drivers Could Jeopardize the Franchise Model
- Franchise Players: These Panera Bread Franchisees Now Have 34 Locations
- Can a Food Blogger Force Starbucks to Change Its Pumpkin Spice Latte?