At a Glance
Products & Services: Smoothies, fruit drinks, nutritional supplements
Number of Locations: 125
Total Investment: $70.2K - $392.3K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Surf City SqueezeIn 1988, tri-athlete Kevin Blackwell and his wife Kathryn started the smoothie and juice bar store that would later be known as Surf City Squeeze. In 1994, Blackwell began franchising Surf City Squeeze.
He later developed other quick-service franchise brands, all of which would be organized under parent company Kahala, named for his favorite beach in Hawaii. Kahala also franchises Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie, TacoTime, Samurai Sam's, The Great Steak & Potato Co., Rollerz, Frullati, Ranch1, NrGize and Cereality.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Why China Is Just as Important as Breakfast in the Fast-Food Wars
- Franchise Players: A 19-Year-Old-Theater School Franchisee on Discipline
- McDonald's Profit Slips in Chilly First Quarter. Will Yum Brands Fare Better?
- Franchise Players: How This CEO Manages 170 Franchised Locations Across 6 Brands
- Franchise Players: Veteran and Mother of Five on Refusing to Settle