At a Glance
Products & Services: Smoothies, fruit drinks, nutritional supplements
Number of Locations: 110
Total Investment: $75.2K - $397.3K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Surf City SqueezeIn 1988, tri-athlete Kevin Blackwell and his wife Kathryn started the smoothie and juice bar store that would later be known as Surf City Squeeze. In 1994, Blackwell began franchising Surf City Squeeze.
He later developed other quick-service franchise brands, all of which would be organized under parent company Kahala, named for his favorite beach in Hawaii. Kahala also franchises Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie, TacoTime, Samurai Sam's, The Great Steak & Potato Co., Rollerz, Frullati, Ranch1, NrGize and Cereality.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 20-50% off franchise fee
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- How a Long Wait in Line Made This Franchisee Understand Demand and Provide a Solution
- Here's What the McWhopper Would Actually Look Like
- A McWhopper Proposal From Burger King Takes McDonald's by Surprise
- How This Couple Went From Customers to Franchisees
- Are People Your Passion? Here Are 111 Franchises That Might Suit You.