Lessons from sports superstars help you score business success.
For years, Brandon Steiner, founder of sports marketing andsports collectibles company Steiner Sports, has been collectingsuccess secrets from legendary figures in the world of sports. Hereare some rules he lives by:
- Find your inner drive to succeed. Successful people havea different attitude. Bob Feller, Hall of Fame hurler for theCleveland Indians, says: "Kids playing baseball or anysport-or doing anything in life-must have self-discipline. You needto say no to a lot of frivolous things that waste your time. Whenyou come [to] this earth, you're given so much time. You canthrow it away or make good use of it. What you do with it is yourlegacy."
- Stay nervous. Sandy Koufax once said, "Sometimesthe most terrified people do the best work." The dominatingpitcher of the early 1960s, Koufax was the youngest inductee intothe Hall of Fame.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve