Business Type: Franchise
Startup Costs: $941,350 - $1,892,250
As seen on CBS’ hit reality series Undercover Boss, Retro Fitness is a high value, investor friendly fitness model with strong-unit economics and streamline operationson track to grow to more than 700 locations by 2020. A strategic membership price point of $19.99 per month and state of the art equipment attracts new and experienced exercisers of all ages while ancillary offerings like Retro Blends Smoothie Bar, personal training, child care, group fitness, and tanning create multiple revenue streams maximizing bottom line returns for franchise owners.
Retro Fitness is well positioned for today’s economy by offering a high quality and value add product in contrast to its competitive set. Each facility has 60-75 pieces of cardio equipment with personal LCD TV screens, a Retro Movie Theater, three different types of circuit training equipment and free weights. Combine that with the fact that every gym is designed to maximize the square footage so that owners are not paying for space and utilities that go unused and you have a one of a kind business opportunity.
- Average Club Sales - $2,310,030
- Average Club EBITDA - $798,350 (Top 50% - $488,008) (Top 10% - $851,008)
- Average Club Membership – 3,213 (Top Clubs Have Over 6,200 Members)
- Top 10% Clubs Revenue Per Square Foot - $149.50 (Top 50% is $105.50)
From the day you sign your franchisee agreement, the Retro team is there to support you throughout the entire process. The real estate process is a comprehensive collaboration of information examination that includes full demographic analysis and competitor breakdown, combined with expert site selection and lease negotiation assistance.
Operational training and support includes:
Before Grand Opening:
- Site Selection Assistance – Find the top sites in your area
- Design & Construction Assistance – We oversee every aspect of build out
- Retro University – Learn the tools for success
- Pre-Sales Period – Recruit members months prior to opening
- Manager Recruitment – Retro hires and trains your club manager
- Local Store Marketing – Bring members to your club
After Grand Opening:
- Ongoing Operational Support – Dedicated operational representative for your store
- Marketing/Public Relations Support – Continuous promotion of your gym
*The top 10% of Retro Clubs, Avg. Gross Sales, Avg. EBITDA and Avg. Rev. Per. Sq. Ft. numbers as published in Item 19 of the Retro Fitness 2016 Franchise Disclosure Document. This is not an offer to sell a franchise. Offerings made by prospectus only. © Retro Fitness, LLC. All rights reserved.