Sport Clips HaircutsRequest More Info
Business Type: Franchise
Startup Costs: $183,300 - $351,500
Why is Sport Clips a Good Investment?
It’s a winning concept — a great haircut experience for men and boys in a fun sports-themed environment. With over 1,600 stores and adding over 150 new locations each year, Sport Clips is by far the leading men’s and boys’ haircut franchise in North America, in all 50 states and Canada. For entrepreneurs looking to build a business, this is a great recession-resistant business with no receivables, and no industry experience is necessary. Better yet, you hire a manager and keep your current job, while building your Sport Clips business for the future.
Your store manager will spend time on the cutting floor as a Stylist, and assist in the operation of the store. You are responsible for your store manager, neighborhood marketing, and bookkeeping.
You will receive comprehensive classroom and in-store training that covers all aspects of what you need to know to run your business. Proven systems with training, an easy to execute business plan and on-going support backed by national advertising and recruiting programs are all available to you. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams.
Most franchisees spend an average of 12-15 hours a week working on their business. Transition to full time business ownership is usually around 5 open stores. The concept is also highly scalable (our largest franchisee recently reached 50 stores open) and has a relatively low investment level of $183,300 - $351,500 per store.
Start-up requirements are relatively low — $200,000 liquid with $400,000 in net worth and a commitment to expand to multiple units. Sport Clips offers a 20 percent discount to qualified veterans.
What Does an Ideal Franchisee Look Like?
We look for candidates with strong managerial and communication skills, and who enjoy working with, and developing, people and marketing their store. Franchisees will work with the manager and oversee multiple units. Your primary responsibility is to market your business and drive sales.
Why Men’s Hair Care?
Sport Clips is a straight-forward, relatively simple business. We are very focused…we do not try to be all things to all people, but focus on our target market of men and boys. (We do not refuse service to anyone, but we specialize in men’s and boys’ haircuts.)
- Most efficient segment of the haircutting industry; with no chemicals, easier-to-execute haircuts, and lower inventories
- Stable, all-cash business with no receivables
- No waste – unlike a restaurant franchise, nothing spoils
- High loyalty and stability with clients returning every 3-4 weeks
Why Should You Choose Sport Clips?
Industry Leader Supporting You Every Step Of The Way
- Sport Clips Haircuts is the dominant men’s and boy’s haircut franchise in North America with 1,600+ stores open and the only hair care concept operating in all 50 states, plus five provinces in Canada.
Responsible Growth Plan
- We have a responsible growth plan, adding 150-170 locations each year while maintaining high standards for sites and franchisees. The franchise system has a 99.4% “franchise continuity rate”, (as defined by FRANdata) over the past five years – search GoogleTM to find out!
Commitment to Franchisee Satisfaction
- We work hard to provide all the tools needed for our franchisees to be successful and realize the full satisfaction of their Sport Clips investment. And in return, we’ve developed this incredible network of devoted entrepreneurs who want to stay with us and grow with us.
- Sport Clips’ strong and trusted leadership team, core values, corporate culture and supportive franchisee community were some of the top rated categories amongst our franchisees surveyed. Plus our franchisees highly rated their own happiness levels, citing that they often feel like a valued member of the franchise organization! Overall Sport Clips franchisees rate their personal enjoyment 4.3 out of 5. Source: FranchiseBusinessREVIEW Satisfaction Report
Strong Leadership & Support with Solid Core Values
- You will be a part of a system with great leadership. Sport Clips founder & CEO, Gordon Logan, was named IFA 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year, an award that is given annually to a visionary who is willing to take risks and who possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to create a successful franchising business enterprise.
- Sport Clips Solid Core Values: Do what’s right. Do your best. Treat others the way they want to be treated.
A Great Experience For Your Clients & Stylists:
- From a client’s perspective, there are many options to choose from, but what makes Sport Clips different is the experience we provide. Clients receive a haircut from stylists who specialize in men’s and boys’ hair care and who have all completed training in our All Star haircutting system. We offer relaxing amenities and our signature service, the MVP Experience, is a 20-minute, no-appointment-necessary session that includes a precision haircut, steamed towel, invigorating massaging shampoo, and relaxing neck and shoulder treatment in a unique, sports-themed environment while enjoying sports on TV.
- We emphasize not only the client experience, but also the stylist experience. For example, our floors are anti-fatigue “sport court”-type floors, which make it much more comfortable for our stylists who are on their feet all day; shampoo units are European-style, where the stylist stands behind the client to perform the massaging shampoo – more comfortable for our clients and easier on our stylists’ backs. And, we offer tremendous career opportunities for our stylists - management track, educator track, and even, salon ownership.
Great Ways To Give Back To Your Community
- Giving back to our nation’s veterans has always been an integral part of Sport Clips endeavors. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2016 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times.
- Sport Clips provides “haircuts with heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has given $5 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach.
Can you imagine your new life as a Sport Clips owner? We are expanding rapidly, with priority growth markets in California, Michigan, New England States and New York. Additional markets available but don’t delay... build a solid future with a strong work-life balance and financial independence as a Sport Clips franchisee! Contact us today!