Barter to the Cause
Does cutting costs sound like a good start-up idea? Read on for 5 tips to help you save money by bartering.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Almost every start-up expert tells you to barter to savemoney-but very few actually tell you how to realistically usebartering to reduce costs. We went to Bob Meyer, publisher ofBarterNews Magazine, to get the skinny on this oft-mentionedstart-up strategy.
- Know the difference betweendirect barter and exchange barter. Direct barter meansto swap your product or service for the product or service of yourvendor. Exchange barter is when you're part of a barter groupwith other businesses, and each business earns "tradedollars" that can be exchanged for needed items.
- Don't believe themisconception that you'll somehow get shady productsor services in barter.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve