At a Glance
Products & Services: Electronics store
Number of Locations: 5,531
Total Investment: $144.9K - $643.9K
Began Franchising: 1968
About RadioShack Corp.Note: RadioShack filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in February 2015.
RadioShack was opened in 1921, offering ham radio operators and electronics buffs a retail and mail order source for their electronics needs. By the 1960s, the company had nine stores and was shipping electronics to people all over the world. Today the company operates stores nationwide, selling everything from batteries to satellite dishes to electronics buffs and general consumers.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $39,900
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 15% off franchise fee
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How a Detroit Couple Turned Their Low-Cost Investment Into a High-Grossing Business
- Why a Taco Bell in Chicago Is Hiring a Bouncer
- A Franchise Choice That Began With a Heart-Stopping Incident in a Backyard Pool
- A Carpet Care Company's Unconventional Path to Franchising
- Why Isn't Access to Credit for Small Business Improving in 2015?