At a Glance
Products & Services: Electronics store
Number of Locations: 5,531
Total Investment: $144.9K - $643.9K
Began Franchising: 1968
About RadioShack Corp.RadioShack was opened in 1921 by the Deutchmann family, offering ham radio operators and electronics buffs a retail and mail order source for their electronics needs. By the 1960s, the company had nine stores and was shipping electronics to people all over the world, but was falling on hard times.
Charles Tandy purchased the company in 1963 and turned its $4 million debt into a $20 million profit. Today the company operates stores nationwide, selling everything from batteries to satellite dishes to electronics buffs and general consumers.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $39,900
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 15% off franchise fee
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Finding Success as a Female Franchisee in a Male-Dominated Industry
- As Football Season Approaches, Buffalo Wild Wings Raises Prices
- Franchise Players: Finding a Balanced Life as a Pure Barre Franchisee
- McDonald's Tries to Tell Haters That 'Lovin' Beats Hatin''
- Taco Bell Now Lets You Order and Pay Ahead by Smartphone