At a Glance
Products & Services: Temporary, temp-to-hire and direct-hire staffing
Number of Locations: 59
Total Investment: $76.5K - $122.5K
Began Franchising: 1992
About @Work GroupBob Smith, founder of a full-time placement service in Knoxville, Tennessee, was interested in starting a temporary help business. He approached John Hall about developing the concept, and together the two started AtWork Personnel Service in 1986.
Over the next five years, the company added 11 locations. The following year, those locations were offered to managers as franchises. AtWork began selling franchises to the general public in 1994.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $24,995
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 32% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week
- Franchise Players: How This Franchisee Turned Military Lessons Into Business Success
- Burger King Replaces Regular Fries With 'Satisfries' in Kid's Meals
- Franchise Players: Two Businessmen Who Teamed Up to Take On Foundation Repair