3 Expert Tips to Lowering Your Insurance Costs
Here's how you can reduce your company's insurance costs.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Q. How can I reduce my company's insurance costs?
A. It's simple, in theory: The less risky your business seems, the less your insurance company will charge you, says Michael Turpin, an executive VP at New York City-based brokerage USI.
1. Think like your insurer. "A good risk manager first seeks to identify all risks, then eliminate and mitigate those practices that might give rise to a claim," Turpin says. Those can include undocumented human resources practices, financially unstable vendors or the absence of compliance procedures. Catch those problems before your insurer does.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, get access to a ton of exclusive content and resources that will help grow your entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll find:
- Exclusive content from our network of today’s leading CEOs and business strategists
- Receive our flagship Entrepreneur Magazine - free!
- No more ads, and get access to the Entrepreneur+ homepage
- Free E-books written by our staff and other industry thought leaders