Big Cartel: An Etsy-Style Marketplace for Bands and Artists Big Cartel offers bands, fashion designers, poster printers and other talents an online platform to market their merchandise.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
- Based in Salt Lake City
- Nine employees (all working remotely across the U.S.)
- 100 million page views per month
- 26 million visitors per month (15 million unique)
- Sellers generated $50 million in revenue in 2010
- 53,000 new stores signed up last year
What It Is
Art meets commerce head-on at Big Cartel, an online platform that enables up-and-coming bands, fashion designers, jewelers, record labels and other creative types to launch their own customizable web storefronts.
Big Cartel now boasts more than 125,000 registered stores in all, each tailored to the seller's unique business needs and distinct artistic vision.