At a Glance
Products & Services: Pizza
Number of Locations: 4,699
Total Investment: $129.9K - $844.2K
Began Franchising: 1986
About Papa John's Int'l. Inc.John Schnatter dreamed of opening his own pizza restaurant from the time he was a high school student working at a local pizza parlor in Jeffersonville, Indiana. After getting his business degree from Ball State University in 1983, he returned home, knocked down the broom closet in his father's tavern, sold his car to buy used restaurant equipment and began delivering pizzas.
The first Papa John's restaurant opened in 1985, and the company began franchising in 1986. Today, Schnatter's dream has resulted in thousands of Papa John's restaurants worldwide.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $0 - $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: Franchise fee waived, free set of ovens, reduced royalty for 4 years, $3,000 food purchase credit
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
Operations61% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 20 - 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Why Isn't Access to Credit for Small Business Improving in 2015?
- A Father-Son Team That Brings Serious Franchising Experience to a Fresh Pizza Concept
- A Franchise Who Learned to 'Network' in Much More Than a Computer Kind of Way
- This Franchisee Has Long Been in the Telemarketing Biz, But His Heart 'Called Out' for Pretzels
- An Immigrant-Franchisee Who Truly Built His Home Healthcare Business From Nothing