HISTORY OF THE SQUAD
America’s Original and Guaranteed Mosquito Control Franchise
Mosquito Squad was born out of necessity over 10 years ago when founders Boyd Huneycutt and Scott Zide defined a need. Previously in the outdoor lighting business, their installers were being eaten alive by mosquitoes while working outdoors after twilight. Poised with that dilemma, they created the answer: The Protective Barrier Treatment.
Hundreds of thousands of clients have trusted us to deliver millions of mosquito and tick treatments. No one in the industry is even close to our experience.
In 2009, the Squad started with just 15 locations. Since that date, we’ve grown to over 200 locations and more than $70 million in sales.*
Our mission is to help homeowners enjoy outdoor living by delivering a comfortable outdoor environment that meets their family and lifestyle needs, and our culture can be summed up in four words: passion, service, education, and giving.
*Based on Gross Revenue reported from all MOSQUITO SQUAD franchisees who operated for any part of the 2019 fiscal year. See Item 19 of our 2020 Franchise Disclosure Document (“FDD”) for further details.
Why Choose Mosquito Squad:
WHAT MAKES A GOOD FRANCHISEE
Discover if Mosquito Squad is for you
While pesky insects and biting bugs are no match for Mosquito Squad, your goals and business skills might just be the perfect match.
We know what it takes to be a successful Mosquito Squad franchise operator. With steady growth, we have established some criteria of what may make us a fit for you:
These are just some of the questions we’ll ask as you work your way through the Mosquito Squad Discovery and Qualification Process where you’ll learn all parts of the business. Joining The Squad is a tremendous opportunity to pursue your personal, career, lifestyle, wealth, and income objectives. When making this kind of important business and lifestyle decision you will want to consider how well franchising and the Mosquito Squad brand align with your personal and business goals.
In order to define your goals as they relate to a pest control franchise, you can break it into 5 different categories:
As you discuss your goals and the Mosquito Squad opportunity with your franchise recruiter, we’ll discover if we’re the right fit for you and vice versa.
- • Lifestyle & Flexibility: Home-based, no late nights or weekends
- • Essential, In-Demand Services: Pest control is considered essential, and people looking for more ways to enjoy the comforts of home
- • Recurring Revenue Streams: Product applications encourage multiple visits annually
- • Proprietary, Diverse Products: Help families control mosquitoes, ticks, flies, and other pests
- • Entomologist on Staff: You don’t need to be the bug expert!
- • Cutting-edge Technology: Supports and expedites sales and client communications
- • Strong Training: Initial training and ongoing coaching and operational support
- • Powerful Marketing: Creative branding, lead generation, and marketing tools drives client acquisition
- • Top-Rated: Ranked in 2020 on Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 and Top Franchises Under $100K
- • Would you enjoy helping your community and working with people?
- • Would you enjoy organizing and managing a team?
- • Are you open to working within established and proven systems?
- • Do you have sufficient funds to meet the investment required?
- • Does taking control of your lifestyle in a seasonally paced business sound appealing to you?
- • Are you interested in protecting the health of families and businesses in your community?
- • Are you interested in building net worth for yourself and your family by building a successful business with a proven operating model?
- 1. Income – Your recurring and short-term earnings through employment and investments
- 2. Lifestyle – A manner of living that reflects your values and attitudes.
- 3. Wealth – Having plentiful material goods and money.
- 4. Equity – The interest in assets you have acquired and accumulated that can be unlocked someday through a sale.
- 5. Debt Elimination – The ability to live comfortably without being burdened and stressed by carrying debt.
- HEAR FROM OUR FRANCHISEES