Selling to stores the easy way
It's a fact: Small retailers just don't have the buying power of big retail chains. So, to compete more effectively, they often enlist the services of resident buying offices, which help in purchasing products economically so small retailers can be somewhat cost-competitive with mass merchandisers. Resident buying offices present a good sales opportunity for inventors and small manufacturers because they can sell to many stores through just one buying location. The resident buying offices also look out for innovative products that aren't yet available at the big discount chains.
For the names of some resident buying offices, check out these directories at major libraries (all the following are published by Business Guides Inc.):
- Sheldon's Major Stores & Chains & Resident Buying Offices
- The Directory of Apparel Specialty Stores
- The Directory of Drug Stores and HBC Chains
- The Directory of Supermarket, Grocery & Convenience Store Chains
- The Directory of Home Center Operators & Hardware Chains.