Arby's Restaurant Group Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Sandwiches, fries, salads, shakes
Number of Locations: 3,395
Total Investment: $352.5K - $2.4M
Began Franchising: 1965
About Arby's Restaurant Group Inc.Forrest and Leroy Raffel started their food-service consulting firm, Raffel Brothers Inc., in the 1950s, but were soon thinking about starting their own restaurant. On a rainy night, the brothers found inspiration--roast beef sandwiches. In 1964, the first Arby's ("R.B." for "Raffel Brothers") opened in Boardman, Ohio.
The original Arby's menu consisted of roast beef sandwiches, potato chips and iced tea. Over time other sandwiches, curly fries, milkshakes, meals for kids and light choices have been added to the menu.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: Up to 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $500,000
Operations58% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 15 - 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Why I Built a Multi-Unit Sandwich Franchise Fresh Out of College
- Why RadioShack's Shuttered Stores Won't Be Vacant for Long
- Color War: Brands Attempt to Cash In on the Great Dress Debate via Social Media
- Taco Bell to Open First Restaurants in Japan
- Why These Three Brothers Moved to San Antonio to Open a Pair of Franchises