Long John Silver's Restaurants Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Fish & chicken
Number of Locations: 995
Total Investment: $833K - $1.4M
Began Franchising: 1970
About Long John Silver's Restaurants Inc.In 1969, this Treasure-Island-inspired fish 'n' chips restaurant opened in a small wharf-side building. As the quick-service seafood concept has grown, so has the menu. Long John Silver's now offers a variety of batter-dipped fish, chicken and seafood, breaded fish, sandwiches, salads and desserts.
Long John Silver's parent company is Yum! Brands Inc., which also franchises A&W Restaurants, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $20,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Net Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $360,000
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: A Franchisee Explores the Developing Field of Vapor Stores
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week
- Franchise Players: How This Franchisee Turned Military Lessons Into Business Success
- Burger King Replaces Regular Fries With 'Satisfries' in Kid's Meals