Long John Silver's Restaurants Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Fish & chicken
Number of Locations: 995
Total Investment: $833K - $1.4M
Began Franchising: 1970
About Long John Silver's Restaurants Inc.In 1969, this Treasure-Island-inspired fish 'n' chips restaurant opened in a small wharf-side building. As the quick-service seafood concept has grown, so has the menu. Long John Silver's now offers a variety of batter-dipped fish, chicken and seafood, breaded fish, sandwiches, salads and desserts.
Long John Silver's parent company is Yum! Brands Inc., which also franchises A&W Restaurants, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $20,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $360,000
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- These Franchisees Are on Fire, Not Ice, When It Comes to Philanthropy
- How a Detroit Couple Turned Their Low-Cost Investment Into a High-Grossing Business
- Why a Taco Bell in Chicago Is Hiring a Bouncer
- A Franchise Choice That Began With a Heart-Stopping Incident in a Backyard Pool
- A Carpet Care Company's Unconventional Path to Franchising