At a Glance
Products & Services: Hotels
Number of Locations: 2,413
Total Investment: $176.2K - $3.96M
Began Franchising: 1976
About Super 8Super 8's name is derived from its original room rate--$8.88 per night--when the first location opened in 1974 in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Since Super 8 began franchising in 1976, the motel chain has grown to more than 2,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
Super 8's parent company, Wyndham Worldwide, also owns Travelodge Hotels, Days Inn Worldwide, Howard Johnson Int'l., Ramada Worldwide, Knights Franchise Systems, Wingate by Wyndham, Baymont Inns & Suites, Microtel Inns & Suites, Hawthorn Suites, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000 - $25,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: The Confusing Realities of Regulation
- Do You Let Employees Show Their Tattoos? Starbucks Doesn't But That May Change.
- Activist Investor Tells Olive Garden to Google 'How to Cook Pasta'
- Franchise Players: Why Franchisees Have to Be Owners, Accountants, Janitors and Everything in Between
- 4 Franchises That Pulled Off a Major Pivot