At a Glance
Products & Services: Travel agency
Number of Locations: 357
Total Investment: $3.6K - $15.4K
Began Franchising: 1984
About Travel LeadersIn 1872, Georges Nagelmackers began his company, Wagons-Lits, to install sleeping compartments in European trains. A few years later, he created the Orient Express. In 1888, Ward G. Foster founded Ask Mr. Foster, a travel agency based in St. Augustine, Florida.
Each company expanded--Wagonlit throughout Europe and Africa, Ask Mr. Foster across the United States and Europe. Carlson Companies Inc. purchased Ask Mr. Foster in 1979; the company changed its name to Carlson Travel Network in 1990. Carlson Travel Network and Wagonlit Travel merged in 1997, forming Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Then in 2008, that company joined with Travel Leaders and Tzell Travel Group to form what is known today as the Travel Leaders franchise.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $0 - $1,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: $474-995/mo.
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $750,000 - $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $500,000
Operations27% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 10. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Fast-Food Giants' Top Cheese Supplier Embroiled in Shocking Animal Abuse Scandal
- Franchise Players: Why a Fro-Yo Franchise Was the Right Fit for This Single Mother of Six
- Taco Bell's New Sister Restaurant Apologizes for 'Communist' Logo
- Before You Jump Into the World of Franchises, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Franchise Players: Finding a Franchise With a 'Family' Feel