Crowdfunding Hall of Fame: 9 Successful Crowdfunded Startups
9. All-time Record
- How The Top 100 Crowdfunded Companies Raised Major Money
- 4 Famous Crowdfunding Fails
- Successful Crowdfunding Is About More Than Money
- 9 Successful Crowdfunded Startups
- Crowdfunding Success in 5 Easy Steps
- Pebble's $10 Million Crowdfunding Secret
- 10 of the Most Innovative and Bizarre of the Top 100 Crowdfunded Companies
Crowdfunding started as a way to fund small projects and rally a community of investors around them--but over the past couple of years, it has turned into a serious funding machine. As our nascent Hall of Fame shows, this type of funding can rocket small startups into the rarefied air of venture-capital-backed companies and build a vast customer base before the first product even ships.
A digital watch that connects to your smartphone.
The 10-Year Hoodie by Flint and Tinder
A sweatshirt with a 10-year guarantee.
A sous-vide cooker for the home.
Misfit Shine by Misfit Wearables
An all-metal wearable wireless activity tracker.
Form 1 by Formlabs
An affordable 3-D printer.
Lockitron by Apigy
A smartphone-enabled keyless-entry device.
Ubuntu Edge by Canonical
This smartphone operates as a PC when plugged into a monitor.
This scanner reads vital signs and sends them to a smartphone.
$17,782,675 and counting
(Kickstarter/Cloud Imperium Games)
Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games
A space-simulation game for your PC.