What Investors Look For When Evaluating Your Pitch: Walid Tahabsem, Co-Founder and Board Member, Oasis500
The top five things I expect to see in an investment pitch are:
1. Clarity. I like to know that the entrepreneur knows what he/she is talking about.
2. Passion. It is vitally important to feel that the entrepreneur loves the idea and is passionate about it.
3. Scalability. Ideas should be scalable to ensure sustainability.
4. Numbers. The numbers should add up and should be realistic.
5. Commitment. This is a must, as unfortunately it is becoming a trend with entrepreneurs -especially the younger ones- to ‘try’ things out to see if it works or not!
Walid Tahabsem is a Jordanian tech entrepreneur who founded Integrated Technology Group (ITG) back in 1989. Today, as ITG’s President and CEO, he leads one of the most successful IT companies offering quality end-to-end products and services for the education and public sectors in more than 20 countries worldwide.
Walid is also the co-founder and a board member of Oasis500, the region’s premier education and counselor-driven seed investment program. He also serves on the Board of Endeavor, Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein School Board of Trustees, and Jordan’s ICT Advisory Council. Walid has been an active member of a number of key national boards, councils and associations including; Jordan’s National Agenda, Jordan’s Board of Education, Jordan University for Science and Technology (JUST) Advisory Council, German Jordan University (GJU) Advisory Council, Information Technology Association of Jordan (INT@J) Board, and Jordan’s Youth Development Program INJAZ.
He is an active member of Saudi Al-Aghar Thinktank, a non-profit, independent Think-Tank aiming to transform Saudi Arabia into a Knowledge Society. He was recently awarded with the Order of Independence, by His Majesty King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein, which makes him the first Jordanian honored in this category.