Need a road map for your journey into the new age? Here are some starting points:
- New Age Journal, published bimonthly, covers everything that's new in the New Age movement from a consumer's (not a business's) perspective. Special half-price subscriptions ($12) for Entrepreneur readers. Call (800) 755-1178, or write to 42 Pleasant St., Watertown, MA 02172.
- New Age Retailer magazine, published seven times a year, reviews books, music and sideline items and offers how-tos on running a New Age business. Call (800) 4NEW-AGE, or write to Continuity Publishing Inc., 1300 N. State St., #105, Bellingham, WA 98225.
- The New Age Publishing and Retailing Alliance, the trade association for New Age publishers and bookstores, publishes its own journal and also sponsors a trade show. Call (360) 376-2702, or write to P.O. Box 9, Eastsound Sq., Eastsound, WA 98245-0009.
- The Trends Journal and Trends Research Institute. Though not specifically geared toward the New Age market, The Trends Journal provides relevant insights for virtually all entrepreneurs looking toward the new millennium. Call (914) 876-6700, or write to P.O. Box 660, Rhinebeck, NY 12572.
- American Federation of Astrologers. For referrals to educational programs or for information on certification, call (602) 838-1751, or write to P.O. Box 22040, Tempe, AZ 85285.
- Association for Past-Life Research & Therapies Inc. is a professional organization for past-life therapists. It promotes research and industry standards and provides a communication network for members. Call (909) 784-1570, or write to P.O. Box 20151, Riverside, CA 92516.
Next: Contact Sources »