Entrepreneur's 10 Hottest Stories About Social Media in 2013
Join us at Entrepreneur magazine's Growth Conference, Dec. 15 in Long Beach, Calif. for a day of fresh ideas, business mentoring and networking. Register here for exclusive pricing, available only for a limited time.
Social media. When used right, it can be a huge boost for your business. When used incorrectly, you have a PR disaster on your hands.
From tips on becoming a social media guru and beefing up your LinkedIn network, to common misconceptions entrepreneurs have about connecting with their audience, here are the most popular stories about social media (that you read and then, naturally, shared with others).
10. 10 Questions to Ask When Creating Your LinkedIn Company Page
Want to create a LinkedIn page for your company that generates leads, sales and traffic? Here's some practical advice to get you started.
9. LinkedIn Tips: 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Network
To celebrate the social media giant's 10th birthday, read up on our best practices for business owners on LinkedIn.
8. Social Media May Soon Drive More Traffic to Your Website Than Search Engines
While most people in the U.S. still use traditional search engines like Google, increasingly, users are getting to your website via Twitter or other social media channels.
7. 5 Ways to Become a Social Media Rock Star
Digital-marketing guru Ian Lurie on what you need to consider when crafting your business's social media strategy.
6. 5 Daily Habits for Effective Social Media Marketing
It's easy to get overwhelmed by social media. But by focusing on these five easy habits, effective social media marketing is suddenly manageable.
5. Why a 12-Year-Old Launched His Own Social Network
Entrepreneurs of any age could learn a thing or two from Zach Marks of Melbourne Beach, Fla., about turning obstacles into opportunities.
4. 10 Questions You Must Ask When Hiring a Social Media Consultant
What you need to know before hiring someone to represent your brand on social media.
3. 5 Social Media Rules Every Entrepreneur Should Know
Learn how big-name entrepreneurs, media elites and other thought leaders engage the masses on social media.
2. 12 Social-Media Mistakes That Entrepreneurs Make
From overly promotional tweets to way-too-infrequent Facebook posts, business owners make lots of blunders when it comes to social media. Read about them so you can avoid making them.
1.10 Questions to Ask When Creating a Social-Media Marketing Plan
Want to craft an effective social strategy for your startup? Here's what you need to know.