At a Glance
Products & Services: Ice cream, ice-cream cakes
Number of Locations: 424
Total Investment: $250.3K - $383.1K
Began Franchising: 1947
About CarvelIn 1934 Tom Carvel opened his first ice cream shop in Hartsdale, New York. Over the years, he developed formulas and equipment for creating and serving his ice cream. The company started franchising in 1947, and by 1951 had opened 100 stores.
Today the company distributes its line of ice cream, cakes, pies and other treats in its own locations and in stadiums, club stores and supermarkets.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: $2.29/gallon
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
Operations25% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 6. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (99% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- A Franchisee Who Supports Veterans Beyond the Battlefield
- Translating My Experience Into Action as an Entrepreneur
- These Franchisees' Business Runs Off Batteries Essential to an Alaskan Winter
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care