At a Glance
Products & Services: Ice cream, ice-cream cakes
Number of Locations: 447
Total Investment: $249.3K - $381.1K
Began Franchising: 1947
About CarvelIn 1934 Tom Carvel opened his first ice cream shop in Hartsdale, New York. Over the years, he developed formulas and equipment for creating and serving his ice cream. The company started franchising in 1947, and by 1951 had opened 100 stores.
Today the company distributes its line of ice cream, cakes, pies and other treats in its own locations and in stadiums, club stores and supermarkets.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: $2.25/gallon
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
Operations25% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 6. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (99% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: Why a Fro-Yo Franchise Was the Right Fit for This Single Mother of Six
- Taco Bell's New Sister Restaurant Apologizes for 'Communist' Logo
- Before You Jump Into the World of Franchises, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Franchise Players: Finding a Franchise With a 'Family' Feel
- Franchise Players: Franchising Instead of 'Reinventing the Wheel'