At a Glance
Products & Services: Sculpted fresh fruit bouquets
Number of Locations: 1,152
Total Investment: $156.99K - $276.98K
Began Franchising: 2000
About Edible Arrangements Int'l. LLCAt age 17, Tariq Farid borrowed $5,000 from his parents to buy a flower shop in East Haven, Connecticut, and within two years, he was running four flourishing stores. But after seven years as a florist, he came up with a new idea--bouquets you can eat. He opened the first Edible Arrangements store in 1999, creating, selling and delivering bouquets of fresh fruit sculpted to look like flowers.
Edible Arrangements began franchising in 2001. In addition to the company's signature fresh fruit arrangements, the product line has expanded to include chocolate-dipped fresh fruit, fruit salads, fruit sundaes, beverages and other "grab and go" products.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off first-store franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $75,000
Operations60% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6 - 7. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Lawmakers Question Legality of NLRB's Joint Employer Decision
- After Being Diagnosed With Cancer, This Entrepreneur Decided to Go Into Business With His Dad
- McDonald's Makeover Promises to Be Pricey for Franchisees
- Why These Two Boxing Club Franchisees Picked Franchising as a Path to Entrepreneurial Success
- McDonald's Takes a Cue From Chipotle With Latest Menu Change
Request More Information
To request more information about this company, complete the form below.