Here's a roundup of the week's notable news and tantalizing tidbits from the world of entrepreneurship.
1. It's Denver Startup Week: It's the second annual Denver Startup Week, and the city is "celebrating everything entrepreneurial in Denver." The festival will begin with a kickoff luncheon where veteran entrepreneur and investor Seth Godin will speak about business in the post-industrial revolution. Throughout the week, the event will host over 125 community activities, one being Chase-sponsored Startup Basecamp, which will host speakers, panelists and mentorship. (Denver, Colo. 16-22)
2. The "be great" movement: Join top entrepreneurs, investors and celebrities from the Los Angeles startup scene at the Be Great Fest. A healthy mix of visionaries, enthusiasts, VCs, angels and celebrities are getting together to network and promote the local startup scene. Be Great Fest plans on offering support to Pencils of Promise, a local nonprofit that builds schools and education programs abroad, by donating $25,000 of the proceeds to the organization. (Los Angeles, Sept. 17)
3. Practice pitching with HubMasters: When it comes to public speaking, practice makes perfect. Global network organization Impact Hub is putting on its weekly HubMasters event, allowing people to present their pitch to a group of like-minded strangers and receive instant feedback on delivery, as well as ways to improve communication skills. (San Francisco, Sept. 17)
4. Unleash your social superpowers: Whether you are looking to create a social media presence for the first time or optimize your current accounts, diversify your portfolio at the Social Media Strategies Summit. Learn to get targeted impressions, use promotions and engage brand advocates to full effect from the top leaders in social media marketing. (Boston, Sept. 17-19)
5. Get a little help from some friends: SCORE NYC is hosting a forum called CEO Central. This unique program puts entrepreneurs together to share challenges and collaborate on unique solutions for their small businesses. Increase profits and customer satisfaction, get answers about marketing, expanding your business, sales strategy and more. (New York, Sept. 18)
6. Start reworking the future, now: The RE.WORK conference is bringing the world's leaders in science, entrepreneurship and technology together to inspire people to push themselves. The conference is looking to help people "think differently about challenges," expand their networks and get a first-hand look at the cutting edge of emerging technologies. (London, Sept. 19)