Making The Cut: 7th Wave Of QBIC's LeanStartup Winners Announced
Grow Your Business, Not Your Inbox
You're reading Entrepreneur Middle East, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
Qatar Business Incubation Center (QBIC) announced the winners to the seventh wave of LeanStartup Program in a Demo Day Festival, which saw a total of 15 startups pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, investors and key partners at the event. Seven of these enterprises were then selected to be supported and incubated at QBIC under its two sectors, QBIC Tourism and Digital Solutions. The event also marked the end of QBIC’s 10-week LeanStartup Program, with entrepreneurs presenting a variety of business ideas in sectors like health and education, sports, e-commerce, tourism, technology, IT and fashion.
“We have plenty to celebrate today here at QBIC,” said Aysha Al Mudahka, CEO, QBIC, in a statement. “Not only does it mark the end of our 7th successful LeanStartup program, but we also get to celebrate the successes of our incubated startups, new partnerships with esteemed international organizations and much more to look forward to.” QBIC Chairman and Qatar Development Bank CEO Abdulaziz Bin Nasser Al Khalifa added, “We’re thrilled to be hosting this special edition of Demo Day today at QBIC. We not only had the opportunity to announce the new incubatees, but also to celebrate and showcase the success of our existing entrepreneurs within the various activities taking place. With over 49 startups currently incubated at QBIC, I can safely assert that with the help of our partners and by unifying our efforts, we’re playing a central role in developing SMEs in Qatar.”
Winners all around
Here are the startups that made the cut at QBIC’s 7th LeanStartup program:
- Boudoirr, which helps beauty salons organize their bookings, avoiding time wastage.
- Sheesh, a board game for up to four players, which decides winners based on the number of token collections.
- Gorida, an on-demand limousine service with business- and first-class rides available.
- Rwak, a monthly subscription box containing a book and other accessories to help enhance reading experience.
- Tean, a homegrown pottery store, also offering other artefacts to customers.
- Trifoglio, a Qatari brand selling leather bags and jewellery.
- International Spearfishing Academy, a structured spearfishing training program.