World Top CEOs Show Commitment to India at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2017
Grow Your Business, Not Your Inbox
You're reading Entrepreneur India, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
The eight edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit saw the participation of as many as 50 Indian & international CEOs who showed their interest and commitment to investment in India.
Calling India a developing country going in the right direction, the CEOs lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi's efforts towards his initiatives including Skill India, Make in India, Digital India. GST, demonetization and Swachh Bharat also dominated laurels by the CEOs.
Among the 9 eminent CEOs who addressed the participants and delegates at Vibrant Gujarat were Ratan Tata, Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani, Gautam Adani.
Below are their top quotes at the Summit at Gandhinagar.
- Some years ago, when I attended Vibrant Gujarat I wanted to say if you were not in Gujarat, you were stupid – Ratan Tata, Chairman Tata Sons.
- No leader has changed the mindsight of people in such a short time like Narendra Modi has says Mukesh Ambani, Chairman Reliance Limited.
- Vibrant Gujarat 'Gujarat is Adani group's karma bhoomi'. India well-positioned for 7 decades of growth says Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group.
- Appreciate Narendra Modi efforts in making doing business in India easier. America wants free trade just like India says David Farr, Chairman Emerson Electric Company.
- New manufacturing plant will start next month in Gujarat. Appreciate mission of Skill India says Toshihiro Suzuki, COO Suzuki Motor Corporation.
- Every Airbus, Boeing has components coming from Gujarat. India's greatest is the talent, the creativity and integrity of it's people says Peter Huntsman, CEO of Huntsman Corporation, who says he is blessed to do business in India and was asked by his father to follow the two sons of Dhirubhai Ambani.
- Trafigura CEO Jeremy Weir says GST along with many others will make India dominant praises demonetisation.
- Modi govt an unbashedly business-friendly one 'Modi can transform India, will root out corruption. Best opportunity in the world is right here in India says Prem Watsa, Founder Fairfax Financial Holdings.
- No company in the world that has a better plan than India's says John Chambers of Cisco.
- India one of the most important shareholders of AIIB. Developing nations are changing the status co says Jin Liqun, President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
With such promising words from top-league executives, it will be interesting to see the inflow of investments, both foreign and local, in 2017.
(Additional Input by Sneha Banerjee from Bangalore; Picture Editing: Sudarshan Koushik)