Handling Customer Complaints
With a little finesse, you'll be able to achieve a positive outcome.
Studies show that the vast majority of unsatisfied customerswill never come right out and tell you they're unsatisfied. Sowhen a customer complains, don't think of it as anuisance--think of it as a golden opportunity to change thatcustomer's mind and retain his or her business--it's betterthey complain than leave quietly, later telling everyone they knownot to do business with you. So when you receive complaints,here's how to handle them for positive results:
- Let customers vent their feelings.
- Never argue with a customer.
- Never tell a customer, "You don't have aproblem."
- Share your point of view as politely as you can.
- Take responsibility for the problem.
- Immediately take action to remedy the situation.
Excerpted from Grow Your Business