Keeping Work And Family Separate
When you're working out of your house, maintaining the boundaries may be hard but it's not impossible.
You don't have to be a miracle worker to keep family andbusiness separate. Here are some simple tips to keep the two fromcrossing over:
- Close the door to your office while you're working.This is a sign to family members not to bother you.
- Close the door to your office when you've finishedworking for the day. This will keep you from rushing into youroffice at all hours of the night.
- Don't let your children answer your business phone.You may think it's cute; customers won't
- Make sure children know you are not o be bothered whileyou're "at the office."
- Don't answer your business phone after hours. Yourrecorded answering message should state your business hours.
- Don't do household chores during businesshours.
- Schedule short breaks in your workday.
Excerpted from Starting a Home-based Business
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
This Co-Founder Was Kicked Out of Retailers for Pitching a 'Taboo' Beauty Product. Now, Her Multi-Million-Dollar Company Sells It for More Than $20 an Ounce.
Have You Ever Obsessed Over 'What If'? According to Scientists, You Don't Actually Know What Would Have Fixed Everything.
After He Was Fired From the UFC, This Former Fighter Turned His Passion Into a Thriving Business
Most People Don't Know These 2 Things Are Resume Red Flags. A Career Expert Reveals How to Work Around Them.