Ending Soon! Save 33% on All Access

Reliance, Sanmina Join Hands To Create Electronics Manufacturing Hub In India The joint venture will be in line with Make in India vision. The venture will prioritize high technology infrastructure hardware for growth markets, among others

By Shrabona Ghosh

Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.

You're reading Entrepreneur India, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.

Company handout

Sanmina Corporation, an integrated manufacturing solutions company, and Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited (RSBVL) have inked a pact to create a joint venture through an investment in Sanmina's existing Indian entity, SIPL (Sanmina SCI India Private Ltd).

The joint venture will create an electronic manufacturing hub in India, in line with Make in India vision. The venture will prioritize high technology infrastructure hardware for growth markets, medical and healthcare systems, industrial, cleantech, defense and aerospace, communications networking such as 5G, Cloud infrastructure and hyperscale data centers.

RSBVL will hold 50.1 per cent equity stake in the joint venture entity, primarily through an investment of up to INR 1,670 crore in new shares in Sanmina's existing Indian entity. Sanmina will own the remaining 49.9 per cent and will contribute to its existing contract manufacturing business, said a statement.

Besides supporting Sanmina's current customer base, the joint venture will create a state-of-the-art Manufacturing Technology Center of Excellence which will serve as an incubation center to support the product development and hardware startup ecosystem in India.

"We are excited to partner with Reliance to build the premier integrated manufacturing solutions company in India. This joint venture will service both domestic and export markets and represents a major milestone in the Make in India initiative," said Jure Sola, chairman and CEO of Sanmina.

"We are delighted to work with Sanmina to access the significant market opportunity for high tech manufacturing in India. For both growth and security, it is essential for India to be more self-reliant in electronics manufacturing in telecom, IT, data centers, Cloud, 5G, new energy and other industries as we chart our path in the new digital economy. Through this partnership we plan to boost innovation and talent in India, meeting both Indian and global demand," said Akash Ambani, director, Reliance Jio.

Completion of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals. The transaction is expected to close no later than September 2022, said a statement.

Shrabona Ghosh


A journalist with a cosmopolitan mindset. I lead a project called 'Corporate Innovations' wherein I cover corporates across verticals and try to tell stories on innovations. Apart from this, I write industry pieces on FMCGs, auto, aviation, 5G and defense. 
Thought Leaders

Need More Confidence? These 10 Bestselling Books Will Help Improve Your Self-Esteem

Self-esteem can be hard to come by and even harder to maintain. To give yourself a boost, try these authors' words of wisdom.

Social Media

How TikTok Changed the Social Media Game With Its Unique Algorithm

Here's what makes TikTok's algorithm different from other social media platforms and how the algorithm led to the app's explosive growth.


How to Break Free From the Cycle of Overthinking and Master Your Mind

Discover the true cost of negative thought loops — and practical strategies for nipping rumination in the bud.

News and Trends

Soleos Solar Energy Secures INR 48.5 Cr Funding

This funding infusion will help the company in generating its working capital, global renewable energy portfolio development and establishing manufacturing facilities across the globe.

Business News

Target Is Lowering Prices on Thousands of Items — Here's Where You Can Expect to Save

The news was announced ahead of Target's Q1 2024 earnings call, expected to occur Wednesday at 10 a.m. EST.

Growth Strategies

Green Hydrogen Adoption: Where Does India Stand?

The cost disparity poses a challenge to the widespread adoption of green hydrogen, especially in sectors where cost competitiveness is crucial.