What Some of the Biggest Names in Silicon Valley Wish They Had Known at Age 20
1. Ben turned to Twitter to ask what people wish they had known at age 20. After getting over 200 responses, he rounded up the top 20.
2. Hunter Walk, Director of Product Management at YouTube
3. Michael Yang, Head of Biz Dev at Pinterest
4. Jason Goldberg, CEO of Fab
5. Logan Green, CEO of Lyft
6. Brian Caldwell, Partnerships for Evernote
7. Walter Kortschak, Senior Advisor at Summit Partners
8. Om Malik, Founder of GigaOM
9. Ben Smith, Founder of MerchantCircle
10. Chris Sacca, Founder of Lowercase Capital
11. Eric Rosser Eldon, Co-editor at TechCrunch
12. Naval Ravikant, Founder and CEO of AngelList
13. Mitch Colleran, Partnerships at Eventbrite
14. Ben Ling, Partner at Khosla Ventures
15. Keith Rabois, Partner at Khosla Ventures
16. Yishan Wong, CEO of Reddit
17. Tom Katis, Founder and CEO of Voxer
18. Sam Altman, Partner at Y Combinator
19. Matt Douglass, Co-founder of Practice Fusion
20. Aaron Levie, Founder and CEO at Box
21. Vinod Khosla, Founder of Sun Microsystems and Khosla Ventures
"What do you know now that you wish you had known at age 20?"
Thanks to the reputation he garnered from his senior roles at Google, YouTube, and Facebook, Ling was able to get answers from a range of big names in Silicon Valley, from the CEO of Reddit to one of the founders of Sun Microsystems.
Many of the responses focus on the importance of building relationships, the importance of perseverance, and advice for those looking to start their own companies.
Related: The Sexiest Developers Alive